INVESTIGATING THE MEDICINES CUSTOMERS’ BEHAVIOR
The main goal of this article is the investigation the influence of factors, preferences, particularities of medicines consumers’ behavior in pharmacies, as well as creating a simulation of the consumer’s behavior with nasal medications as a primary example. The investigation methods were used in this article: documentary and logic, grouping and market investigation methods, questionnaires, comparing and generalization methods, economic-statistical method. As a result of such market's investigations it was found out, that Ukrainian market of nasal medicines can offer a wide spectrum of medications and can indeed satisfy the consumers’ needs. The analysis of dynamic of the main market's values in 2016 – 2020 years was also conducted. The profile of the average nasal medicines customers was created based on the developed questionnaire and the interviews done inside pharmacies. The factors of influence on the consumer behavior and consumers’ choices are reviewed in this article. It was shown, that the consumers' behavior and their choices inside pharmacies depend on many different factors. It was proven, that, among the consumer properties of nasal medicines, therapeutic effectiveness, the quality of the product, its safety and price had made the most influence on pharmacy’s visitors, while they were making their decision to buy the drug, that they were needed. It was demonstrated, that traditional, well known products based on the chemical substances in the form of sprays and drops, are the most popular among customers. It was shown, that most customers (72%) plan their purchase in advance, though considering how many other customers (28%) make spontaneous purchases, it was recommended to take this information into account while planning the shopping room’s infrastructure, the moving flow of customers and the positioning of showcases with nasal medicines inside them. Such investigations made it available to simulate the behaviors, which are specific to nasal medicines customers, based on their purchase planning, motivation, pricing sensitivity, their thoughts on new products, their inclination towards specific medicines and trademark, the source of advice. The segmentation of consumers of nasal medicines was done according to the behavioral patterns. The simulation of the pharmacy visitors’ behaviors as they are deciding on whether to buy specific nasal medicines was carried out. A source of advice was chosen on the basis of the simulation as a classification feature. Three simulations of nasal medicines consumers’ behavior were distinguished based on the doctor’s advice, pharmacist advice and independent decision. It was proven that to raise the quality of the service and the effectiveness of the pharmacy in general, specialists should know the customer behavior, their preferences towards medicines and understand the motivation behind customer’s purchase.
2. Zaikov, S. V., Kuznetsova, L. V., Osipova, L. S., etc. (2013). Peculiarities of rhinitis in SARS. Ukrainian medical journal, 5. URL: https://www.umj.com.ua/article/65903/osobennosti-rinita-pri-orvi
3. Blackwel, R., Miniard, P., Engel, J. Consumer behavior. St. Petersburg: Peter, 2010. 944 p.
4. Baluk, N. R, Basiy, N. F. (2011), Systematization of models of consumer behavior as a means of finding direc-tions for their improvement. Scientific Bulletin of NLTU of Ukraine, 21.4, 370–376.
5. Gorodetska, M.O. (2007). Model of consumer behavior: theory and practical application. Visnyk of Kyiv Institute of Business and Technology, 1, 57–58.
6. Maksymenko, A. A. (2010) Consumer behavior: concep-tualization of the concept and factors that determine it. Social technologies: current issues of theory and practice, 44, 40–45.
7. Haggag, K., Pope, D., Bryant, K., Bos, M. (2019), At-tribution bias in consumer choice, Review of Economic Studies, Vol. 86(5), P. 2136–2183.
8. Huettner, F., Boyacı, T., Akçay, Y. (2019), Consumer choice under limited attention when alternatives have dif-ferent information costs, Operations Research, Vol. 67(3), P. 671–699.
9. Dorokhov, O. Consumer Behavior Modeling: Fuzzy Logic Model for Air Purifiers Choosing / O. Dorokhov, L. Dorokhova, M. Delibasic, J. Streimikis // Montenegrin Journal of Economics. – 2017. – Vol. 13, No. 4. – P. 61–77.
10. Dorokhova L., Dorokhov O. Computer consumer behav-ior modeling: multicriteria model for choosing ionizers. Bulletin of the Transilvania University of Brasov. Series III. 2019. Vol. 12 (61), No 1. P. 123–144.
11. Dorofeeva, V. V., Galkina, G. A., Sudarenko, K. V. (2013). Peculiarities of research of consumer behavior in the market of non-prescription drugs. Bulletin of PFUR, series Medicine, 2. 27–32.
12. Golubkina, L. V., Dorofeeva, V. V. (2006). Factors of managing the behavior of consumers of pharmaceutical goods at points of sale. Marketing and marketing research, 3. 274–292.
13. Kostritsyna, Ya. V. Consumer behavior in the pharma-ceutical market. URL: https://medconfer.com/node/5883
14. Kevrekidis, D., Minarikova, D., Markos, A., Malovecka, I., Minarik, P. (2018), Community pharmacy customer segmentation based on factors influencing their selection of pharmacy and over-the-counter medicines, Saudi Pharma-ceutical Journal, Vol. 26, Issue 1, P. 33–43.
15. Dorokhova, L. Computer fuzzy model regarding phar-macies integral perceptions by visitors / L. Dorokhova, O. Dorokhov // Bulletin of the Transilvania University of Brasov. Series III. – 2017. – Vol. 10 (59), N. 2. – P. 155–170.
16. International consensus statement on allergy and rhi-nology: allergic rhinitis — executive summary. (2018), In Forum Allergy Rhinitis, Vol. 8, P. 85–107.
17. Pukhlyk, B. M. (2012). Allergic rhinitis. Rhinology, 1. 24–38.
18. State Register of Medicines of Ukraine. URL: http://www.drlz.com.ua/ibp/ddsite.nsf/all/shlist?opendocument&atscode=R01A
19. Nemchenko, A. S., Zhyrova, I. V. Responsible self-medication. Pharmaceutical encyclopedia. URL: https://www.pharmencyclopedia.com.ua/article/1749/vidpovidalne-samolikuvannya
20. OTS: responsible self-medication / Zupanets, I. A., Checkman I. S. and others. 6-th ed., revised. and add. Kiev: Pharmacist-practitioner, 2010. 208 p.
21. Zupanets, I. A., Bezuglaya N. P. (2013). Pharmaceutical care for rhinitis. Pharmacy online, 20 (891). URL: https://www.apteka.ua/article/231429
22. Order of the Ministry of Health №875 "On approval of the protocols of the pharmacist (pharmacist)". URL: http://search.ligazakon.ua/l_doc2.nsf/link1/MOZ21103.html
The authors who publish in this collection agree with the following terms:
• The authors reserve the right to authorship of their work and give the magazine the right to first publish this work under the terms of license CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 (with the Designation of Authorship - Non-Commercial - Without Derivatives 4.0 International), which allows others to freely distribute the published work with a mandatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this magazine.
• Authors have the right to make independent extra-exclusive work agreements in the form in which they were published by this magazine (for example, posting work in an electronic repository of an institution or publishing as part of a monograph), provided that the link to the first publication of the work in this journal is maintained. .
• Journal policy allows and encourages the publication of manuscripts on the Internet (for example, in institutions' repositories or on personal websites), both before the publication of this manuscript and during its editorial work, as it contributes to the emergence of productive scientific discussion and positively affects the efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the published work (see The Effect of Open Access).