TOURIST SPHERE: SEARCH FOR WAYS TO OVERCOME THE CRISIS IN THE CONDITIONS OF GLOBAL QUARANTINE RESTRICTIONS
The issues of activity of enterprises of the tourism sector in conditions of quarantine restrictions are investigated. The thesis about the relevance of developing a number of anti-crisis measures that would help stabilize the development of these enterprises is substantiated.
The aim of this work is to study the issues of stabilizing the functioning of enterprises in the tourism sector under quarantine conditions.
The article presents the thesis that the tourism industry is considered one of the most dynamic industries in the world economy and international trade in services. In the modern world, tourism is economic activity related to the movement of a person outside the permanent place of residence, his recreation with health improvement, raising the level of culture and education.
The author of the article states that over the past two decades, the indicators of the development of the tourism sector have been characterized by positive indicators, the number of countries participating in international tourism has expanded, and the scale of tourist arrivals and international tourist receipts has grown every year. Unfortunately, the coronavirus pandemic has made significant adjustments to the functioning of the tourism sector at all levels (global and regional). Indeed, the coronavirus pandemic, which began in China at the end of 2019 and spread throughout the world, has become the biggest challenge and threat to all countries since World War II. The article substantiates that this negatively affected the inbound and outbound tourism markets on a global scale. Thus, the uncertainty of the further development of the situation, the occurrence of obstacles to the normal implementation of travel, restrictions on movement, the concern of mankind to preserve their own health and safety have caused the crisis and an increase in the volume of losses of travel companies.
The focus of the article is concentrated on the analysis of the negative consequences of the aggravation of the epidemic situation for the world economy.
The article emphasizes that for each country it is extremely important to take a number of measures to minimize the consequences of quarantine restrictions on the activities of tourism enterprises. Within the framework of this study, the author emphasizes that the main criterion for the restoration of the tourism sector should be the achievement of an optimal balance between security, health and economic interests.
The article proposes recommended measures to stabilize the tourism sector in Ukraine and minimize losses as a result of the pandemic. The complex of such measures includes:
– continuation of the policy of canceling the obligations to pay income tax and VAT for accommodation facilities, catering;
– government support and stimulation of domestic rail and air traffic (government subsidies for the cost of tickets);
– gradual introduction of permission to organize open terraces, sites for cafes, restaurants (while maintaining all the necessary safety measures for health protection);
– аctivation of measures for digital transformation of the domestic tourism sector;
– introduction of a transparent mechanism for the use of funds received in local budgets from the tourist tax exclusively for the development of domestic tourism and related infrastructure.
The authors emphasize that today there is no doubt about the need to activate the processes and measures to overcome the harmful effects of the pandemic on the tourism sector of the domestic economy. We emphasize that the nationwide implementation of all anti-crisis levers, consistency and consistency in the implementation of all measures will contribute to their speedy stabilization of the development of tourism entities and their achievement of the level of economic efficiency of their activities.
2. Goblik-Markovich, N.M., Iltio, T.I. (2018) Analysis of the dynamics and current problems of tourism development. International scientific journal «Education and Science». Issue 24 (1). P.Р.16-22.
3. Gorban, Yu. (2019) By the way, Ukraine does not lag behind in tourism. URL: https://www.ukrinform.ua/rubric-society/2664756-do-reci-v-turizmi-ukraina-ne-pase-zadnih.html (access date: 21.09.2020).
4. Gorina, G.O. (2017) Development of the market of tourist services of Ukraine in the conditions of spatial polarization: dis… d.e.n. in the specialty 08.00.03 - economics and management of the national economy. Dnipro: Mykhailo Tuhan-Baranovsky Donetsk National University of Economics and Trade, Alfred Nobel University. 493 p.
5. Zhalilo, Ya.A., Kovalivska, S.V., Filipenko, A.O., Khiminets, V.V., Golovka, A.A. (2019) Regarding the development of tourism in Ukraine in conditions of increased epidemic risks: Analytical note of the National Institute for Strategic Studies. Kyiv, 2019. 29 p.
6. Zavorueva, O.S. (2019) Improving the strategy for managing the development of the tourism industry of Ukraine. dis… Ph.D. in the specialty 08.00.03 – economics and management of the national economy. Classical Private University, Zaporozhye. 205 p.
7. Zavorueva, O.S. (2017) Scientific and practical recommendations for improving the development strategy of the tourism industry of Ukraine. Black Sea Economic Studies. Vol. 15. Ch. 1. S. 251–255.
8. Zanuda, A. (2020) Coronavirus: how much tourism loses. URL: https://www.bbc.com/ukrainian/features-51870285 (access date: 21.09.2020).
9. Law of Ukraine «On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts Concerning State Support in the Sphere of Culture, Creative Industries, Tourism, Small and Medium Business in Connection with Restrictive Measures Related to the Spread of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)» 22.04.2020 № 3377. URL: http://search.ligazakon.ua/l_doc2.nsf/link1/info/JI01905A.html (access date: 21.09.2020).
10. Zakharin, S. (2018) Organizational and economic factors of development of tourism and resorts in Ukraine. Bulletin of Kyiv National University of Culture and Arts Series: Tourism. Vol. 2. P.Р. 57-66.
11. Obolentseva, L.V., Galitska, A.M. (2020) Assessment of the impact of tourism as an economic phenomenon: Modern trends in the tourism industry and hospitality in a competitive environment: materials of the international scientific-practical conference, Kharkiv / team of authors; Kharkiv National University of Municipal Economy named after O.М. Beketova, 232 p.
12. COVID-19 pandemic and its consequences in the field of tourism in Ukraine (Update to the document «Roadmap for competitive development of tourism in Ukraine"). URL: https://ntoukraine.org (access date: 21.09.2020).
13. Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of 27.05.2020 «Economic stimulus program to overcome the consequences of the Covid-19 epidemic». URL: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/news/uryad-zatverdiv-z-doopracyuvannyam-programu-stimulyuvannya-ekonomiki-dlya-podolannya-naslidkiv-epidemiyi-covid-19 (access date: 21.09.2020).
14. Shatskaya, Z.Y., Akulshin, M.I.(2018) Current problems and prospects for the development of tourism in Ukraine. Economy and society. Issue 19. P.699-705.
The authors who publish in this collection agree with the following terms:
• The authors reserve the right to authorship of their work and give the magazine the right to first publish this work under the terms of license CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 (with the Designation of Authorship - Non-Commercial - Without Derivatives 4.0 International), which allows others to freely distribute the published work with a mandatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this magazine.
• Authors have the right to make independent extra-exclusive work agreements in the form in which they were published by this magazine (for example, posting work in an electronic repository of an institution or publishing as part of a monograph), provided that the link to the first publication of the work in this journal is maintained. .
• Journal policy allows and encourages the publication of manuscripts on the Internet (for example, in institutions' repositories or on personal websites), both before the publication of this manuscript and during its editorial work, as it contributes to the emergence of productive scientific discussion and positively affects the efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the published work (see The Effect of Open Access).