INTEGRATED ASSESSMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL AND ECONOMIC EFFICIENCY OF GAS BOILER OPERATING MODES
Keywords:water gas boilers, steam gas boilers, operating modes, environmental and economic characteristics.
A thermal energy is one of the most significant sources of environmental impact.This is a consequence of both the use of mostly non-renewable natural resources and environmental pollution from thermal power plants. The intensity of this impact depends on many factors, namely the purpose, power, type of fuel used and operating mode. Existing studies have established links between emissions and characteristics such as power and fuel type for stationary operating conditions. At the same time, changes in operating conditions have a significant impact on environmental and economic characteristics. This article is devoted to establishing the relationship between the operational characteristics of gas boilers and their environmental and economic efficiency. The analysis was based on the field data obtained from steam and water boilers that are in commercial operation and uses the natural gas. It was found that for steam and water boilers, there is a well-conditioned non-linear relationship between the technological parameters of boiler operation, in particular gas consumption, the percentage of boiler load, the amount and temperature of flue gases with indicators of pollutants entering the atmosphere. The most significant factor affecting the environmental and economic characteristics of boilers is the percentage of load of boilers. The nature of the dependency is determined by the type of boiler and the setting mode. These dependences with a high degree of conditionality have a parabolic character, which makes it possible to assume the existence of adjustment modes that minimize environmental and economic costs. For steam and water boilers, the dependence of environmental impact on the percentage of load is direct. But for steam boilers in the range of data that were studied, it has a monotonous character, that is, it does not have an extremum point. For water boilers, it is possible to find the optimal loading level that minimizes environmental costs, but to confirm this assumption, additional research is needed at low boiler loading levels. The proposed method can be used to determine the operating modes of boilers and their settings, taking into account environmental and economic criteria.
2. T. S. Taylasheva, L. G. Krasilnikova, E. S. Vorontsova Assessment of harmful emissions to the atmosphere from boiler houses of the Tomsk region (2013) Proceedings of the Tomsk Polytechnic University, Vol. 322, No. 4, pp. 52-55
3. . S. X. Li, X.A. Zhao. A Research on Emission Characteristics of Boiler Pollutants and Energy-Saving and Emission-Reduction Measures in Coal-Fired Industry (2016) International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering.,Vol. 09, No. 04, pp. 1721-1725.
4. S. Qi, H. Zhao, J. Yu, A. Tahmasebi, P. Wang Monitoring of Efficiency and NOx Emissions at a coal-fired utility boiler (2013) Advanced Materials Research. Trans Tech Publications, Switzerland, Vol. 621, pp. 360-363.
5. H. Lamberg Small-Scale Pellet Boiler Emissions – Characterization And Comparison To Other Combustion Units (2014) Report Series In Aerosol Science, No. 156, 80 р.
6. L. Lukáč, J. Kizek, G. Jablonský, Y. Karakash The Mathematical Dependencies Of Nox And Co Emission Generation After Biomass Combustion In Low-Power Boiler (2019) Civil And Environmental Engineering Reports, No. 29 (3), pp 153-163
7. Steam boiler DKVR-20-13 GM-technical characteristics https://zinref.ru/000_uchebniki/02550_kotli/009_00_00_kotli_teh_harakteristiki/021.htm
8. Boiler KV-GM-6,5-150 (KV-GM-7,56-150 https://www.energia22.ru/produkcziya/boilers/kotlyi-vodogrejnyie-serii-kvgm/kotel-kv-gm-65-150-kv-gm-756-150.html
9. A. P. Polivyanchuk, M. F. Smirny, A. I. Kaslin, A. A. Skuridina, Yu. L. Kovalenko, V. E. Beketov Creation and experimental development of a universal system for environmental diagnostics of heat engines and boiler installations. (2019) Municipal economy of cities. Series: Engineering science and architecture. Vol. 3, No 149, pp. 77-82.
10. Methodological recommendations for determining the economic efficiency of environmental protection measures in transport construction-Moscow:, 1986. - 80 p.
How to Cite
The authors who publish in this collection agree with the following terms:
• The authors reserve the right to authorship of their work and give the magazine the right to first publish this work under the terms of license CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 (with the Designation of Authorship - Non-Commercial - Without Derivatives 4.0 International), which allows others to freely distribute the published work with a mandatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this magazine.
• Authors have the right to make independent extra-exclusive work agreements in the form in which they were published by this magazine (for example, posting work in an electronic repository of an institution or publishing as part of a monograph), provided that the link to the first publication of the work in this journal is maintained. .
• Journal policy allows and encourages the publication of manuscripts on the Internet (for example, in institutions' repositories or on personal websites), both before the publication of this manuscript and during its editorial work, as it contributes to the emergence of productive scientific discussion and positively affects the efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the published work (see The Effect of Open Access).