TAKING INTO ACCOUNT FUNCTIONAL LIMITATIONS IN ASSESSING THE RISK OF INJURY OF EMPLOYEE WITH DISABILITY
Keywords:person with disability, occupational safety, individual risk, trauma
The organization of employment of vulnerable groups, including people with disabilities, is an important socio-economic issue, because providing opportunities for professional development creates the conditions for improving the level of economic protectability of disabled person, as well as has a positive influence on his psychological state. However, the employment of people with special needs at the workplaces is connected with an increased risk of injury. This is due to the presence of persistent functional changes in the health state of workers with disabilities, as well as dangerous and harmful factors present at the workplace. Therefore, employers seek to avoid employing people with disabilities, despite the requirements of human rights law, anti-discrimination laws, and programs and services aimed to provide support and employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
The purpose of the article is to develop a scientifically grounded approach to taking into account the functional state of persons with disabilities in determining the risk of injury at performing production tasks at the workplaces of enterprises of basic sectors of the economy. The novelty of the approach to risk assessment is based on the using individual risk of injury specific to the enterprise of a particular industry, taking into account the functional state of a person with a disability working at a particular workplace, carried out by using the appropriate coefficient. The value of the coefficient depends on the number of criteria for life activity limitations, which are determined by the medical and social expert commission, as well as the maximum value of the severity of the criteria. Thus, the proposed approach allows taking into account not only the general level of injuries inherent in a particular industry, but also the individual characteristics of a particular employee. This approach allows providing the employer with information in decision-making about improving the management system of occupational safety at the enterprise.
2. Council Directive 89/391/EEC of 12 June 1989 on the intro-duction of measures to encourage improvements in the safety and health of workers at work. (n.d.) EUR-Lex: Access to Eu-ropean Union law. Retrieved from: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legalcontent/EN/ALL/?uri=CELEX%3A31989L0391. – Title from screen.
3. Zakon Ukrainy «Pro okhoronu pratsi» (n.d.) Verkhovna Rada Ukrainy. Retrieved from http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2694-12 (data zvernennia 21.02.2019). – Nazva z ekrana.
4. Katharina Vornholt, Patrizia Villotti, Beate Muschalla, Jana Bauer, Adrienne Colella, Fred Zijlstra, Gemma Van Ruit-enbeek, Sjir Uitdewilligen & Marc Corbière (2018) Disability and employment – overview and highlights, European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology, 27:1, 40-55.
5. M. Ramirez, C. Peek-Asa, J. Kraus. Disability and risk of school related injury. Injury Prevention. 2004 Feb; 10(1): 21–26.
6. James Price, Junxin Shi, Bo Lu, Gary A. Smith, Lorann Stallones, Krista K. Wheeler, and Huiyun Xiang. (n.d.) Nonoccupational and Occupational Injuries to US Workers With Disabilities. American Journal of Public Health, 102, e38_e46.
7. Ofitsiinyi sait Derzhavnoi sluzhby statystyky Ukrainy (n.d.) Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ (data zvernennia 16.05.2020). – Nazva z ekrana.
8. Ofitsiinyi sait Derzhavnoi sluzhby Ukrainy z pytan pratsi (n.d.) Retrieved from: http://dsp.gov.ua/ (data zvernennia 17.11.2019). – Nazva z ekrana.
9. Danova, K. (2018) Functional restrictions of persons with disabilities in the aspect of estimation of work ability level and work safety. Municipal economy of cities, 146, 133-137.
10. Instruktsiia pro vstanovlennia hrup invalidnosti. (n.d.) Nakaz Ministerstva okhorony zdorovia Ukrainy 05.09.2011 N 561 Retrieved from http://zakon5.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z1295-11 (data zvernennia 21.02.2019). – Nazva z ekranu.
11. Pytannia medyko-sotsialnoi ekspertyzy (n.d.): stanom na 15 ber. 2018 r. / Kabinet Ministriv Ukrainy. Retrieved from: http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1317-2009-%D0%BF/page (data zvernennia 21.03.2020). – Nazva z ekrana.
12. Poriadok vstanovlennia medyko-sotsialnymy ekspertnymy komisiiamy stupenia stiikoi vtraty profesiinoi pratsezdatnosti u vidsotkakh pratsivnykam, yakym zapodiiano ushkodzhennia zdorovia, poviazane z vykonanniam trudovykh oboviazkiv (n.d.): stanom na 28 ver.2012 r. / Kabinet Ministriv Ukrainy. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z1387-12 (data zvernennia 21.05.2020). – Nazva z ekrana.
How to Cite
The authors who publish in this collection agree with the following terms:
• The authors reserve the right to authorship of their work and give the magazine the right to first publish this work under the terms of license CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 (with the Designation of Authorship - Non-Commercial - Without Derivatives 4.0 International), which allows others to freely distribute the published work with a mandatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this magazine.
• Authors have the right to make independent extra-exclusive work agreements in the form in which they were published by this magazine (for example, posting work in an electronic repository of an institution or publishing as part of a monograph), provided that the link to the first publication of the work in this journal is maintained. .
• Journal policy allows and encourages the publication of manuscripts on the Internet (for example, in institutions' repositories or on personal websites), both before the publication of this manuscript and during its editorial work, as it contributes to the emergence of productive scientific discussion and positively affects the efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the published work (see The Effect of Open Access).