SOME ASPECTS OF MODELLING THE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM AT THE ENTERPRISE CONSIDERING THE NECESSITIES OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
Keywords:employee with disabilities, occupational safety, occupational safety management system
The Occupational Safety Management System created by the employer in accordance with the legislation of Ukraine on Occupational Safety should provide for the implementation of effective management decisions aimed at adequate management response to the challenges that may lead to the deterioration of health or injury of employees, including obtaining the disability and representatives of other groups who are most “vulnerable” at the safety aspect. An important approach to modeling effective occupational safety management system, which specified in the international standard ISO 45001, is the leadership of employee in achieving the goals of enterprise in the area of occupational health and safety.
The article analyzes the challenges that an employer must take into account at modeling an effective occupational safety management system. The main ones are:
- the lack of information on the state of health, restrictions on work activity and the level of working ability of the employee at the employment;
- the lack of hygienic standards that define the permissible levels of harmful and dangerous production factors at the workplaces;
- the need of additional investment for the re-equipment of the workplace, the purchase of additional facilities, the arrangement of appropriate infrastructure at the enterprise;
- increasing the risk of injury an employee with disabilities or other employees at the enterprise, creation of other dangerous situations at the enterprise.
Modeling the occupational safety management system considering the state of health and special needs of the disabled worker can reduce the risk of injury, create an inclusive work environment and increase the employment rate of persons with disabilities, which will have a positive impact on the socio-economic situation in Ukraine.
Koncepciya reformuvannya systemy upravlinnya okhoronoyu praci v Ukrayini [Elektronnyi resurs]. – Rezhym dostupu: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/989-2018-%D1%80?lang=ru (data zvernennia 20.08.2019). – Nazva z ekranu.
Council Directive 89/391/EEC of 12 June 1989 on the intro-duction of measures to encourage improvements in the safety and health of workers at work. EUR-Lex: Access to European Union law. Retrieved from: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legalcontent/EN/ALL/?uri=CELEX%3A31989L0391.
Zakon Ukrainy «Pro okhoronu pratsi» [Elektronnyi resurs]. / Verkhovna Rada Ukrainy – Rezhym dostupu: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2694-12 (data zvernennia 21.08.2019). – Nazva z ekrana.
Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems : OHSAS 18001:2007 [Elektronnyi resurs]. – Rezhym dostupu: http://iso-management.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/ OHSAS-18001-2007-.pdf / (data zvernennia 16.08.2019). – Nazva z ekrana.
Occupational health and safety management systems. Requirement with guidance for use : ISO 45001:2018 [El-ektronnyi resurs]. – Rezhym dostupu: https://pqm-online.com/assets/files/pubs/translations/std/iso-45001-2018.pdf (data zvernennia 16.08.2019). – Nazva z ekrana.
Chris, J. Main; Michae, K. Nicholas; William, S. Shaw; Lois, E. Tetrick; Mark, G. Ehrhart; Glenn, Pransky and (2016) the Hopkinton Conference Working Group on Work-place Disability Prevention. Implementation Science and Employer Disability Practices: Embedding Implementation Factors in Research Designs. Journal of Occupational Reha-bilitation. - 2016; 26(4): 448–464. Retrieved from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5104783/
F. Curtis Breslin, A. Morgan Lay, Arif Jetha & Peter Smith (2018) Examining occupational health and safety vulner-ability among Canadian workers with disabilities. Disability and Rehabilitation, 40:18, 2138-2143. Retrieved from: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/09638288.2017.1327985
Bonaccio, S., Connelly, C.E., Gellatly, I.R. et al. (2019) The Participation of People with Disabilities in the Workplace Across the Employment Cycle: Employer Concerns and Re-search Evidence. Journal of Business and Psychology. pp 1–24. Retrieved from: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10869-018-9602-5#citeas
How to Cite
The authors who publish in this collection agree with the following terms:
• The authors reserve the right to authorship of their work and give the magazine the right to first publish this work under the terms of license CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 (with the Designation of Authorship - Non-Commercial - Without Derivatives 4.0 International), which allows others to freely distribute the published work with a mandatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this magazine.
• Authors have the right to make independent extra-exclusive work agreements in the form in which they were published by this magazine (for example, posting work in an electronic repository of an institution or publishing as part of a monograph), provided that the link to the first publication of the work in this journal is maintained. .
• Journal policy allows and encourages the publication of manuscripts on the Internet (for example, in institutions' repositories or on personal websites), both before the publication of this manuscript and during its editorial work, as it contributes to the emergence of productive scientific discussion and positively affects the efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the published work (see The Effect of Open Access).