METHOD AND EXPERIENCE OF IMPLEMENTATION OF QUANTITATIVE ASSESSMENT OF DISSERTATIONS QUALITY OF DOCTORS OF PHILOSOPHY ON THE EXAMPLE OF THE SPECIALTY GEODESY AND LAND MANAGEMENT
Quantitative assessment of the quality of scientific activity occupies a significant place in the implementation of innovative developments. As part of the study, the authors proposed a method of expert quantitative evaluation of the quality of dissertations of doctors of philosophy on the example of the specialty Geodesy and Land Management, which proposes to determine the properties of the dissertation, develop an evaluation scale, quantify each property and calculate an integrated indicator, based on which the conclusion of the dissertation. Modern mobile computing tools allow you to create a mobile application for gadgets of experts, members of specialized scientific councils, and in real time (in the process of conducting a professional seminar and defending a dissertation) to quantify the quality of the dissertation. Gadgets of two reviewers, two opponents, the chairman of the specialized scientific council, and the scientific secretary are elements of the generalized scheme of collecting and integrating expert assessments on the quality of the dissertation performed for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy. The gadget of the scientific secretary is a server and is endowed with functions of transfer of information on an estimation on system of support of educational processes of department on which special page the corresponding estimations of quality of dissertations can be placed. The proposed letter assessing the quality of the dissertation consists of three parts: the first is information about the expert, the second is a system of sign-numerical scales that allow in the usual form for research and teaching staff to assess individual features of the dissertation, the third may contain specific proposals of the expert. A generalized scheme for collecting and integrating expert assessments in real time using mobile technologies has also been developed. An example of approbation of the proposed method is given. The boundaries of productive and unproductive intervals of the sign-numerical scale are considered. The proposed method meets modern requirements for digitalization. It allows you to determine in real time a quantitative indicator of the quality of research conducted by the applicant, which in turn ranks dissertations and makes them attractive to investors, which will develop promising areas of research and accelerate scientific and technological progress. The given examples of realization of a method based on theories close to human psychology – the theory of usefulness, the psychological theory of decision-making, and also wide experience of estimation of dissertation will allow to make a certain contribution to experimental researches of the organization of dissertations for the degree of doctor of philosophy.
2. Meteshkin, KA. (2000) Theoretical foundations of building intelligent control systems for the educational process in the university: monograph. Kharkov, Ekograf. 278 p.
3. Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministries of Ukraine "The procedure for conducting the experiment with the degree of Doctor of Philosophy" dated March, 06, 2019, No. 167. [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/167-2019-%D0%BF#Text.
4. Meteshkin, K.A. (2004) Cybernetic pedagogy: theoretical foundations of educational management based on integrated intelligence: monograph. Kharkov, International Slavic University. 400 p.
5. Duboa, D., Prade, A. (1990) Theory of possibilities. Applications to knowledge representation in informatics. Radio and communication. 288 p.
6. Keeney, R.L., Raifa, H. (1981) Decision making under many criteria of preference and substitution. Radio and communication. 560 p.
7. Gregor, S., Benbasat, I. (1999) Explanations from Intelligent Systems: Theoretical Foundations and Implications for Practice. MIS Quarterly, 23, 4, 497-530. https://doi.org/10.2307/249487.
8. Villegas-Ch, W., Palacios-Pacheco, X., Luján-Mora, S. (2020) A Business Intelligence Framework for Analyzing Educational Data. Sustainability, 12, 5745; doi:10.3390/su12145745.
9. Apraxine, D.; Stylianou, E. Business (2017) Intelligence in a Higher Educational. In Proceedings of the 2017 IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON), Athens, Greece, 25–28 April 2017; 1735–1746.
10. Villegas-Ch, W.; Palacios-Pacheco, X.; Buenaño-Fernandez, D.; Luján-Mora, S. (2019) Comprehensive learning system based on the analysis of data and the recommendation of activities in a distance education environment. Int. J. Eng. Educ., 35, 1316–1325.
11. Nobre, T.; Trigo, A.; Sanches, P. (2014) Business intelligence system for analysis of access to higher education: The case of the Polytechnic Institute of Coimbra. In Proceedings of the 2014 9th Iberian Conference on Information Systems and Technologies (CISTI), Barcelona, Spain, 18–21 June 2014; 1–6.
12. Maia, A.; Portela, F.; Santos, M.F.(2018) Web Intelligence in Higher Education: A Study on the usage of Business Intelligence techniques in Education. In Proceedings of the 2018 6th International Conference on Future Internet of Things and Cloud Workshops (FiCloudW), Barcelona, Spain, 6–8 August 2018; 176–181.
13. Zade, L.A. (1976) The concept of a linguistic variable and its application to making approximate decisions. Mir, 168 p.
14. Meteshkin, K.A., Sokolov, A.Yu,. Morozova O.I. (2014) Cybernetic pedagogy. IT technologies in education and training in universities. Theory and practice: monograph. Kh.arkov, NUUEK, 243 p.
15. Site of the Department of Land Administration and Geoinformation Systems. [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: http://kaf-gis.kh.ua/home.
16. Kozeletsky, Yu. (1979) Psychological theory of decision making. Progress, 503 p.
The authors who publish in this collection agree with the following terms:
• The authors reserve the right to authorship of their work and give the magazine the right to first publish this work under the terms of license CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 (with the Designation of Authorship - Non-Commercial - Without Derivatives 4.0 International), which allows others to freely distribute the published work with a mandatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this magazine.
• Authors have the right to make independent extra-exclusive work agreements in the form in which they were published by this magazine (for example, posting work in an electronic repository of an institution or publishing as part of a monograph), provided that the link to the first publication of the work in this journal is maintained. .
• Journal policy allows and encourages the publication of manuscripts on the Internet (for example, in institutions' repositories or on personal websites), both before the publication of this manuscript and during its editorial work, as it contributes to the emergence of productive scientific discussion and positively affects the efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the published work (see The Effect of Open Access).